Our client, a supermarket operating outlets in major parts of Kenya is expanding. The client has created Regional HR Business Partner roles to decentralize HR services within the regions served.
Purpose of role
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units/departments/Divisions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its medium-term plans, its culture and its competition.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support design, implement, and monitor adherence to HR policy, processes and procedures to ensure best practices, efficiency and responsiveness to both organization strategy and employee needs
- Managing employee relations including addressing of grievances, disputes as per statutory and company policies and procedures
- Management and monitoring of staff benefits and employee welfare programs (medical, staff assistance programme, and leave) including occupational health and safety.
- Conducts bi-monthly meetings with respective business units/Stores
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage staff attendance, Leave, Off Duty and address the gaps
- Prepare timely and accurate reports for management decision making
- Ensure timely payroll processing and adherence to statutory requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field and a post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management or Business Management
- Minimum 5 years of generalist HR experience
- Good Knowledge of Labour Laws
- Membership to Relevant professional
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in FMCG, Retail and service sectors required
- Multi- site experience is a MUST
Salary is based on your current pay but up to Kshs 150,000 maximum
- External File HRBP-Profile.pdf