The Nurse will report to the Nurse in Charge for the respective Wards. The role holder will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing excellent nursing care to patients.
- Maintaining the Hospitals policies, standard and procedures of nursing care.
- Championing continual quality improvement.
- Advocating for patients, treating them with dignity, according them privacy and respect.
- Communicating effectively with all other patients’ care givers.
- Maintaining and observing infection control measures for staff and patients wellbeing.
- Upholding statutory regulations as required by the nursing profession and the laws of Kenya.
- Safeguarding all Hospital’s and patients’ confidential information and property.
- Investigating and escalating complaints and incidents as appropriate in accordance with the Hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Participating in ward and Hospital activities i.e. research, audits, open days.
- Providing accurate documentation and proper record keeping of patients’ treatment.
- Utilizing the available resources effectively for quality service delivery, profitability and cost containment.
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- At least 2 years post registration experience
- Good communication and customer skills.