General Description: Attending to clients both on clinical matters like diagnosis amongst others.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend to the outpatients in the O.P Department, Wards and Casualty as the case may be and prescribe necessary medicines as available in stock and the required investigations.
- Whenever necessary, carry out investigations and prescribe non-stock drugs.
- Issue Medical Certificate for sickness or fitness to join duty as per prescribed procedure.
- Assist whenever called upon by the line managers to do so for any patient or hospital related work.
- Attend to work with punctuality and dedication and not give room for any complaint from the patients.
- Report non-attendance, late attendance or any other misconduct of the Staff working in his/her area to the immediate superior officer.
- Mentorship and supervision of clinical interns.
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Communicate effectively with patients and clients.
- Ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that prioritizes the safety and well-being of patients.
- Represent the department /profession/team at meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Seek advice and assistance from the consultant/clinical director/employer with any assigned cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope and professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance.
- Diploma in Medicine and surgery.
- Registered by clinical officers’ council.
- At least 2 years’ experience.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner.