The Accountant is responsible for Preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization’s finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Minimum education level; diploma in Business Management (accounting option), or degree in Bachelor of Commerce accounting option, Finance and Banking, Economics and Finance, CPA (K) or Part III certificate.
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- A good communicator
- Versatile with accounts analysis
- At least 2 years’ work experience in similar position
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gained experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
Technical & Competence Skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Business level communication skills
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills
- High level of accuracy
- Excellent in planning, organizing and reporting skills
- Good analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
Kindly indicate your current and expected earning in your application cover letter.