This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing hospitality group of companies which has ambitious expansion plans.
Reporting to: Assistant Group Financial Officer
- To lead the hotel’s accounting function in the delivery of accounts consistent with the policies and under the hotel management’s guidance.
- To work with the hotel’s Managers to maximize the return to the business whilst delivering company’s vision and values.
- To ensure appropriate control and review processes are in place and are being performed across the hotel.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To liaise with Operations to understand and interpret management information to pro-actively support business activity
- To form effective working relationships between Finance and other areas of the business
- To communicate financial issues to non-accountants
- To influence and challenge other managers to become the financial conscience of the hotel
- Work with the management team to identify and implement cost and sales initiatives.
- To continually review suppliers, ensuring the best price is paid through a tender process.
- To participate in an operational duty management rota as required.
- To manage the production of key management accounts and board reports and subsequent analysis of the annual budget and monthly forecasts
- To deliver accurate accounts consistent with the company’s accounting policies and timetable.
- To ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and that any material concerns are highlighted.
- To facilitate the understanding of current trends and key performance measures
- To improve financial control through shared best practice, ensuring that high standards of professional integrity are maintained.
- To ensure ancillary services in the areas of payroll, accounts payable, stock control and month end are delivered in accordance with company’s standards and timetables
- To maintain the fixed asset register
- To deliver a balanced score card (60 day debt target, Quality, H&S etc.)
- To ensure the weekly, monthly and annual forecast is delivered within the relevant timescales, reporting any financial variances.
- To co-ordinate the annual financial budget
- To audit and ensure compliance with all company security, including safe control and cash handling of floats and banking (including petty cash)
- To manage the archiving material and records in line with legal and company obligation
- To support with the validation of payroll and payroll accruals.
- To protect the integrity of the business by the systematic application of the company’s internal control procedures.
- To liaise with internal and external audit staff in the performance of their duties.
- To complete self-assessment monthly and quarterly checklists for hotel.
- To liaise with the finance team to ensure accurate cross-billing and month end reconciliations.
- To manage working capital in the best interest of the Group.
- To implement and ensure that the accounting policies with regard to stock taking are followed.
- To ensure that the company’s credit policy both in terms of granting of credit and collection of debt is in place and is adhered to throughout the hotel.
Management of People
- To lead the finance team for the hotel, ensuring that performance is monitored and that teams are motivated, trained and developed.
- To carry out performance reviews and appraisals with hotel Finance staff in line with the group’s performance management processes.
- To take part in the recruitment of new staff within the finance department, as required
- To develop and implement departmental training plans, based on individual skills plans and career development.
- To support the implementation and future development of accounting systems and procedures.
- To participate in ad-hoc projects.
- To assist in the feasibilities and track the benefits.
- To continually strive to eliminate avoidable costs across and deliver a quality financial service at least cost.
- To keep up-to-date with the Group’s and hotel management company’s accounting policies.
- Taking Responsibility & Achieving Results
- Leadership & Working with Others
- Developing Self and Others
- Building and Maintaining Relationship
Skills & Qualifications
- Business and Finance Related Degree
- Professional accounting qualification required
- Experience working with hotel finance systems and processes
- Good understanding of Word and Excel
- Experience of preparing and presenting financial information to the Board and senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpretation of financial information to non-financial managers
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder management skills
- At least 3-years direct line management experience